"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 25, 2024

George Lazenby Retiring From Public Life

Above, a photo autographed by George Lazenby.

One-time James Bond (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) actor George Lazenby is retiring from public life and will just concentrate on his family.

The 84 year old actor posted on X:

(1/3) This hasn’t been an easy decision but it’s time to announce my retirement from work. Therefore, I won’t be doing any more acting or making public appearances, doing any more interviews or signing any more autographs as of today. It’s been a fun ride but getting older is...

(2/3) no fun. I would like to thank my manager and friend, Anders Frejdh, for helping me since 2013 - the best representative I ever had. I can now concentrate on spending more time with my family. My sincere gratitude to everyone out there for your love and support over the...

(3/3) years. It has meant a lot to me. George xx

Lazenby took over the role of James Bond in 1969 from Sean Connery, but he didn't get along with the producers and got bad advice from his management and left the role after the one movie. 

He fell last December that caused a brain injury. Following treatment, he returned home to Los Angeles. 

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is considered by Bond fans to be one of the best movies in the series. It is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Right or wrong, to me at least, it was a very forgettable movie.

Thank God Roger Moore appeared and saved 007.

Armand Vaquer said...

You have to be kidding!

Search This Blog