"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Rumination of "The Fly"

Above, David Hedison as The Fly. 20th Century-Fox photo.

Jay's Crypt of Horror Facebook page posted this about The Fly four days ago:

'The Fly' was released on 16 July, 1958 

I knew that I saw the movie during its first release with my parents and I remembered it. This made me realize that I was four years old at the time. I thought it was a little later. It is amazing that I never had nightmares over this and other horror/science-fiction movies at the time.

Actually, being taken to see these made me a lifelong fan. I was lucky that my parents liked to go to the movies and brought me along.

Above, yours truly with actor David Hedison at the 2010 Monsterpalooza.

I did interview actor David Hedison about this movie (along with his other work such as Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea television show and his stints as Felix Leiter in two James Bond movies for G-FAN magazine. I got to actually meet him the 2010 Monsterpalooza convention later.

Hedison was billed as "Al Hedison" for The Fly.

No comments:

Search This Blog