"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 12, 2024

Significance of Women Characters In Kaiju Movies

Above, Jessica Tseang and I had a reunion before the panel discussion started.

Before getting myself some dinner (necessary to take my meds with), I attended a panel discussion on the significance of female characters in kaiju movies. 

The panel was led by a friend, Jessica Tseang. She was the person instrumental in having me on some of her panels at Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo in Los Angeles. It is now known as the L. A. Comic Con. Before it started, she and I had a little reunion. I saw her last in 2019 at G-FEST.

Above, the panel discussion on women characters in progress. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The discussion was interesting, particularly when it focused on a female character in Godzilla x  Megaguirus (2000). I vaguely remember the character in the beginning of the movie. She was avenging a soldier comrade's death by Godzilla. It has been years since I last viewed the movie, most likely way before I moved to New Mexico.

It looks like I'll have to rewatch the movie.

No comments:

Search This Blog