"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 12, 2024

Made It Into The G-FEST Dealers Room, Etc.

Above, yours truly with Roger Wyatt.

The line into the G-FEST Dealers Room finally died down, so I was able to make it in and browse around.

It is hard to believe that I was at the "ripe old age" of 45 when I attended my first G-FEST in 1999 in Burbank, California.

Although I am in relatively good health at age 70, the old stamina is not there anymore. I have to sit and rest periodically (especially my feet). 

The new convention hotel, the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, is much bigger than the Crowne Plaza, but it appears that the convention is getting too big for even it. I am only guessing, but it looks like 7,000 (or more) attended today. What's next? A football stadium? 

I would also guess that the attendance was helped by two Godzilla movies, Godzilla Minus One and Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, in generating more interest and more fans. 

One thing I also noticed, in looking over the toys the dealers had on display, there are a lot of of them on the tables I already have. 

The photos herein are what I shot today. It is a good thing that my phone takes good photos as I found that Canon Powershot S3 camera is not working. I just get a black screen. It is known as the "Black Screen of Death". Maybe I can find a repairer. I decided to use it instead of my Canon Rebel as I have some downloading issues with my computer. 

Above, a fan-made Mecha-Godzilla.

Above, Boris Karloff as the Monster in the Dealers Room.

Above, yours truly and a friend.

Above, lots of toys at the Radioactive Toys tables.

Above, Lon Chaney Jr. as the Wolf Man in the Dealers Room.

Above, Dojo Studios Godzilla suit. 


No comments:

Search This Blog