"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 21, 2024

RV Electricity: How To Install A 30-Amp Home Outlet

Above, making a trench from the electrical box to the RV garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Four years ago, I had the RV garage (called the GOCO Beast Barn) built for my motorhome. A year later, I added 30-amp electricity to it. But I didn't do these things myself, I got a steel shed company to build the garage and an electrical company to install the outlet. 

A trench for the electrical line had to be made from the electrical box to the RV garage. 

Above, the electrical line to the RV garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

RV Travel has posted an article on the topic of installing a 30-amp RV outlet at home.

It begins with:

I received this inquiry (in the Comments section of RVtravel.com) from Cory. He’s wondering about installing a 30-amp RV outlet on a residential 150-amp service panel.


And the answer is…

Yes, you certainly can install a 30-amp RV outlet at home. That is, as long as you keep a few things in mind while discussing this installation with your electrician. Now, I’m not going to tell you that you can do this yourself if it’s your first electrical hookup project. And I am going to ask you to follow all local codes – that are different in each state and county. The safest way to do this to hire a licensed residential electrician, and get them to read this first.

Above, the outlet inside the RV garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog