"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 21, 2018

It's All About The Music



My DVD Limited Collector's Edition of Elvis Presley: The Searcher arrived in yesterday's mail and I watched it last night after returning home from the Gallup UFO Film Festival. It was due to arrive tomorrow, so it arrived two days early. I bought it through Amazon.

It was as enjoyable as when I first saw it last April when I checked into the Gallup Red Roof Inn (since I don't have HBO here).

The Limited Collector's Edition includes a 20-page book of rare photos and an extra consisting of a "conversation" with Priscilla Presley, Thom Zimny, Jerry Schilling and Scott Goldman. One interesting tidbit from the conversation was that because members of Elvis's entourage (the "Memphis Mafia") are dying off, especially the passing of Joe Esposito, it spurred Priscilla Presley and Jerry Schilling to get the documentary started.

There's a few things I missed during my April viewing, including the audio of Gladys Presley (Elvis's mother) singing "Home Sweet Home". The audio is in the special edition CD, but I didn't remember hearing it in the video. But there it was.

If one happens to be an Elvis fan, a fan of rock 'n roll or just a music fan in general, there's much in this documentary that will please and enlighten. The whole documentary is outstanding, particularly the first part involving Sam Phillips, Sun Studio and Beale Street in Memphis.

The running time is about 205 minutes.

No comments:

Search This Blog