"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Route 66 Sign

Above, the Route 66 sign I bought at the Bluewater Outpost. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On the way home from Albuquerque yesterday, I had to stop to get something to eat so I can take my morning medications.

The place I stopped at was Bowlin's Bluewater Outpost (or Bluewater Travel Center) in Bluewater, New Mexico off of Interstate 40. Bluewater is about 36 miles from home.

Although I've passed it several times, this was the first time I've stopped in. Inside, is a Dairy Queen and a big gift shop which, I found, had reasonable prices on their gift selections.

I browsed around and saw many items to buy if I had plenty of table or shelf space, which I don't. I did need to fill a wall space next to my copy (a reproduction) of the historic Roswell Record front page of 1947 of the capture of the crashed flying saucer.

I found a wooden Route 66 sign for $18 that would work perfectly. So I bought it.

For Bowlin's Bluewater Outpost's website, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog