"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Gallup Visitor Website

Above, the Lion's Club rodeo at the Red Rock Park Arena. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two years ago, as I was driving almost cross-country to Metropolis, Illinois, I arrived in the Gallup, New Mexico area.

I was surprised by the terrain. Up until then, my impression of New Mexico was that it was like either Arizona or the Mojave Desert. I was wrong. As the state's slogan states, "The Land of Enchantment" was enchanting.

I came back a year later and bought a house on two acres. I have not regretted it.

Living outside of Gallup (about 18 miles) suited me just fine. I now know more people here in Jamestown, New Mexico than I did in Tarzana. Most of the people I've met are all of the same age group as I am and are also retirees.

Above, nightly Indian dancing at the Gallup courthouse square. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During the warmer months, there's plenty to see and do in Gallup and there's a visitors guide website that has all the information.

As the website states:
The next time you're seeking a real, life-changing adventure, Gallup is the place! 
Nestled in spectacular red rock beauty and located along historic Route 66, Gallup is the one true place that offers enticing outdoor adventures while seamlessly blending awe-inspiring art and rich culture deeply rooted in Native American tradition and its People.
Gallup is New Mexico True and a fantastic place to begin your memorable journey. 
Whether your interests lie in art, culture, outdoor activities, history, rodeo, team sports, shopping, or exploring the remarkable landscapes of the Southwest, Gallup has it all! 
Gallup. Real True.
To view it, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog