"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 22, 2019

We're Shadow-Banned By Google


Shadow banning (also called stealth banning, ghost banning or comment ghosting) is the act of blocking or partially blocking a user or their content from an online community such that it will not be readily apparent to the user that they have been banned. - Wikipedia.

This morning, I was reading The Federalist blog on Google's ongoing censorship of this and other conservative websites.

Gary Julian, a longtime friend and owner of The Federalist blog, did some checking and found that Google is shadow-banning his blog.

He wrote:
With shadow banning it was all down hill from there. This last month we were down to 25,784 page views. 
What the Fascists at Google do is bury Conservative websites so deep that no one will ever find them. 
So I ran a Google search on one of my articles: "Blame the GOP for Immigration - not Trump." 
I gave up looking after going five pages in. Using the exact title the article could not be found on Google.
(To read more, go here.)

After reading his post, I decided (this is the first time I checked, I might add) to do my own checking on my blog's status on whether it is being shadow-banned. Keep in mind, while I do post some political posts (and I am a conservative), my blog mainly focuses on travel, history and entertainment.

My searches on search engines Google and Bing found a similar scenario.

Yesterday, I posted an article, "Cuba Tourism Tanks 24%". I first checked Bing, and my article was listed in the second spot. And, what's more, I didn't type the post's title verbatim!




Next, I tried Google. And, I typed in the post's title verbatim. It was nowhere to be found, even four pages in!



So, like The Federalist blog, Google is shadow-banning Armand's Rancho Del Cielo.

UPDATE:

I just checked the Yahoo! search engine and we're in the sixth spot on the same search with them.



So, if one wants to do a search and have accurate results, use either Yahoo! or Bing, not Google.

No comments:

Search This Blog