"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 31, 2019

It's A Good Thing I Bought The Jeep

Above, the Jeep at the Flying J today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Things didn't quite go off as planned for today.

I was heading over to Denny's at the Flying J for our usual coffee/breakfast gathering this morning when the Mustang decided to conk out and not start again. I suspect the fuel pump gave out. Luckily, Victor (one of our group) was on his way to the Flying J and stopped where I was at. He went back home and got his truck and towed me to the house. After which, I rode with him to Denny's.

It seems like problems always seem to happen on a weekend or during a holiday (in this case Labor Day weekend) when many businesses are closed. It's a good thing this happened today instead of yesterday when I went to the fair in Prewitt.

I figure I will deal with the Mustang on Tuesday or Wednesday when my Social Security direct deposit is in my checking account. (I just checked, it's already in. But I'll wait until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway.)

So, I am using the Jeep to get around up here. I used it to go back down to the Flying J to drop off some bills at the post office. It is far more economical than using The Beast. It's a good thing (at least in this instance) I bought the Jeep to use.

I was planning to use the Jeep today anyway to go to the shooting area to try out the Winchester 94. Before going to the Flying J this morning, I started it up to give it a good warm-up. I decided to put the target-shooting off until tomorrow, so I can go earlier in the morning when it is cooler. It's going to be near 90° today.

Luckily, I signed up with AAA with their more premium roadside assistance, which has tows up to 100 miles. Their more basic membership has tows for only 3 miles. That wouldn't work for me since the repair shop I use in Gallup is around 19 miles from home.

No comments:

Search This Blog