"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, August 9, 2019

Buying a 1952 Army Jeep

Above, the 1952 military Jeep yesterday at the Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Back last November, I was thinking about getting a Joyner off-road vehicle to cruise around the back roads and Six Mile Canyon road for fun. The cost of it is around $9,000.

When I bought the Coleman mini bike, I figured $600 is a lot cheaper than $9,000 for doing essentially the same thing, only on two wheels.

One of my Jamestown friends mentioned at breakfast yesterday that he needs to sell his 1952 Jeep (military version) so he has the cash to buy some other "toys". He drove it to the Flying J (photo above) and I looked it over and later asked him what his asking price was. It was something I couldn't pass up and said I'd take it.

Today, we gave it a test ride near the shooting area (on very rough roads) and up and down some hills while it was in four-wheel drive (yes, it has four-wheel drive). It was a lot of fun. It is in great shape for a 67 year old vehicle.

So, we agreed on a price and I am now waiting for the cash transfer to finalize the purchase. It was a lot cheaper than the Joyner. 

It is a deal too good to pass up!

No comments:

Search This Blog