"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 12, 2019

New Toy

Above, the driver's side view. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I bought a new (to me) toy.

It is a 1952 Willys Jeep M38A1 (military model). On the owner's manual, it is referred to as a "utility truck".

Above, made room for the new addition. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Jeep came to my attention when one of our coffee group members, Victor, drove it to the Flying J last week and mentioned that he wanted to sell it. In private, I asked him what he was asking for it and it was unbelievably low price (under $2,000). It was in good condition, considering its age. Victor bought it in 2001.

Above, the front end. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I thought about it for a few hours and decided to buy it. We agreed upon a price last Friday and the cash became available this morning. So I bought it! It was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Above, the rear end. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After checking the fluids, I called my insurer and they told me that they don't insure classic vehicles, so they referred me to a partner company of theirs and I got coverage for a year for under $200. This coverage will also make me a member of their classic vehicle "club" that includes a newsletter and other goodies.

Above, everything fits! Photo by Armand Vaquer.

According to the insurance company, it is considerably worth more than what I paid.

I spent about an hour or so re-arranging the garage and consolidated boxes of stuff and moved them around so that the Mustang, Jeep, mower and mini bike would all fit. They do!

Tomorrow, I will be taking it to the New Mexico motor vehicles office in Gallup to register and title it. 

No comments:

Search This Blog