"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 19, 2019

A Nice Ride In Mesa Ridge Ranch!

Above, entering Mesa Ridge Ranch subdivision. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During my conversation with Nandoh Munoz earlier today, he mentioned that he rode his Harley over in the new subdivision next to ours to the east. I had driven the Mustang through it a few months ago, but I hadn't yet with the mini bike.

So, I decided to take a little ride over into Mesa Ridge Ranch. It's a nice, warm day at about 88°.

Above, end of the road. On the other side of the locked gate, Cibola National Forest. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I found that there are a few lots that have been sold, but no homes have been built as yet. I rode into the subdivision on its main road (Maverick Road).

I rode the length of the road until it dead-ended at the top of a hill. There's a locked gate there and on the other side of it is Cibola National Forest. Very nice view!

Above, another view at the gate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is said that somewhere in this area of the national forest is an old western movie set. I've seen nothing online about any abandoned movie sets in the area.

I took a couple of pictures and turned around and headed down the hill.

Above, the view of the mesas across the valley from Mesa Ridge Ranch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On the way, I spotted a utility service road that runs under the power lines. Since my house isn't too far from the utility road (or, a utility road), I decided to see if it will take me back home.

The road is a dirt road with rocks and sections of it either washed out or very rough with some deep ruts. But, with ruts and all, the mini bike took to the road just fine and it did lead me to Whispering Cedars Road, our main road, and I was less than a block away from home.

It was a nice ride!

No comments:

Search This Blog