"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Winchester 94 Sight Hood

Above, the Winchester 94 with the sight hood on. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I bought my Winchester 94 (pre-1964), I was unaware that there is an accessory for the rifle's front sight.

Recently, while talking to my neighbor James, who is making a scabbard for the Winchester, showed me his Winchester 94. It had a different-looking front sight. He explained that it is a sight hood that protects the front sight and keeps it from snagging on sheepskin or other materials in rifle scabbards.

It is also beneficial when sighting. It allows better focus on the front sight by blocking light that would cause one to focus on the bright part of the sight.

Above, a close-up of the sight hood. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, I checked online and bought one through Amazon. It arrived today and I installed it on my Winchester. It only took a couple of days to arrive after ordering.

It will come in handy when I use the scabbard since it has a sheepskin lining. Ya learn something new everyday!

Thanks to James for the tip!

No comments:

Search This Blog