"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Horse Feedin' and Drivin'

Above, "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille!" Photo by Armand Vaquer.

With about a 41° temperature outside and clear skies, it was a good day to get the Jeep out for a drive.

First, I headed down the to the Flying J and filled the gas tank and then headed back towards home to give carrots to some of the neighboring horses, beginning with the gelding next door. He seems to be a little less leery and came closer to me then he had.

Above, the gelding in his pen. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After I was done feeding him, I headed down the hill to where Christmas is penned. The horses directly across the street were nowhere in sight and Christmas ended up with some of the carrots intended for them.

Above, the gelding next door. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once I was done, I headed back up to the gelding and gave him the remaining carrots intended for the two horses across from Christmas.

Above, Christmas is ready for another carrot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I was done with the gelding, I drove up the hill and went around on the Birch Road loop. One the way down, I saw Roger Slape coming up. I tried to stop to chat, but there was still snow and ice on the ground and I had too much momentum to stop. That's one thing old Jeeps aren't good at: stopping on a dime.

Above, the Jeep up on Birch Road loop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

From there I headed back to the Flying J to have a hot fudge sundae treat at Denny's. That hit the spot!

Above, the gelding having his 4th carrot of today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Although most of the snow had melted in the lower section of out community, it was still muddy everywhere and the Jeep needs a bath. It'll have to wait until warmer months come.

No comments:

Search This Blog