"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Weather and a Close Call

Above, yesterday morning's snow. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I woke up at 5:00 this morning, the outside temperature was 3°. It is now 9°.

The high temperature for today is forecast to be about 38°. But there will be winds that will chill things even further.

The National Weather Service says there is a "slight" chance for snow showers tomorrow night. That is a revision of their earlier forecast that this week will be sunny, but cold.

Thankfully, much of the snow from Thursday night has melted off the roads.

I almost had a mishap yesterday morning as I was heading down to the Flying J for coffee. I was driving the Mustang down the hill and got to the curve near the community bulletin board. There is also a cattle guard there. As I made the turn at the curve, the car slid on the icy road and I almost hit one of the cattle guard wings that sticks up 20-25 degrees. I thought for sure that the car's side would be crunched up. But, fortunately for me, I came to a stop about an inch or two from the wing. It was a good thing that I was driving slow.

When I got to the Flying J, I was telling the guys about my close call. Each one has had similar experiences with snow driving at one time or another.

The forecast from the National Weather Service:

Today
Sunny, with a high near 38. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
Tonight
A slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 37. West wind around 10 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

No comments:

Search This Blog