"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 13, 2020

One of Those Days

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Above, Charles Bronson in Death Wish.


Today was one of those days when several irritating problems popped up all at once.

There were five of them that cropped up that had to be dealt with. They included a Windows computer issue, an issue with my phone (where I had to go into Gallup to get solved), a billing issue and two others.

At least while I was at the mall in Gallup, I walked into the F.Y.E. store and found a copy of the original 1974 Death Wish. It was about $7.00 less than the copy for sale at the Flying J. So I bought it and watched it this evening.

It is easily the best of the series. I spotted Jeff Goldblum as one of the muggers of Paul Kersey's (Charles Bronson) wife and daughter and Al Lewis (best known as Grandpa Munster) in a bit part.

I hadn't seen Death Wish since it first was released. It has aged pretty well, in my view. I'll watch Death Wish 4 tomorrow (from the DVD I bought the other day).

After solving all of the problems and having my phone fixed at T-Mobile in Gallup, I decided to have dinner at Denny's at the Flying J. I had the bourbon chicken skillet. I figured that I owed it to myself to relax and let someone else do the cooking.

Unfortunately, the meat was a bit rubbery (reminded me of the "rubber chicken circuit" of political dinners). I mentioned this to the cashier and he gave me a discount on the meal.

What a day!

1 comment:

Lee Pecue said...

Hope that your Tuesday is a bit better today was !

Search This Blog