"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Reasons For RV Downsizing

Above, my motorhome is the right size for RV park or boondock camping. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Like many campers, I started camping in a tent. From there, I moved up to a pop-up trailer (also known as tent trailers), then a micro-mini Class C motorhome (on a Toyota chassis) and now a 23 foot Winnebago Class C motorhome (at present).

Some have bought themselves large RVs such as fifth-wheel trailers or even big Class A motorhomes.

But, according to an article in Do It Yourself RV, downsizing to a smaller RV is a better option for a number of reasons. The article gives those reasons.

It begins with:
When I was a kid my family camped a lot. At first, we did this in a simple tent. However, as I got older my parents upgraded to a small pop-up camper and eventually to a full-blown travel trailer with a bunkhouse. 
The idea was that the bigger, nicer rigs would make our trips better, and in some ways they did. However, all of the changes weren’t for the better, a fact I kept in mind while shopping for a travel trailer for my family to live and travel in. 
Now, despite the fact that we made an effort to keep things on the small side, we are seriously considering downsizing even more. We’ve found that the three of us don’t really need all that much space, and our 29-foot trailer is, at times, more trouble than it’s worth. 
Here are the reasons we are considering a smaller trailer or even a Class B motorhome.
To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog