"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Ten Years Ago



Today marks 10 years since my mom passed away unexpectedly at age 76.

In many respects, it seems like it was yesterday. While, in others, it does seem like 10 years has passed. I think of her everyday.

When my dad passed away in 1999, it was easier to deal with as he had cancer and that allowed for preparing one's self for the inevitable. But when a parent passes unexpectedly, one that is a life-changer (since she lived in the same apartment building as I), that comes as quite a shock. It took about three months for me to come "out of the fog".

Above, my parents' grave at Riverside National Cemetery. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Seeing how both of my parents died in their 70s, that prompted me to retire four years ago, while my health was still good. It was a good thing that I did, after my own close call in Wells, Nevada two summers ago.

For the first time in a long while, I visited their grave at Riverside National Cemetery when I was in California last month. 

No comments:

Search This Blog