"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Light Bulb Mission To Gallup


Above, the Speedway price is much better than in California. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last night, I noticed my front outdoor lamp was out. Since I was out of replacement light bulbs, I had to go into Gallup this morning to pick some up.

I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the Flying J store had some, but they didn't. So I headed into town. Most everyone who attends our morning coffee at Denny's are out of town anyway, so I wasn't missing anything.

I was going to go to Home Depot, but decided instead to just get the bulbs at Albertson's since it is much closer. So I went there and got the bulbs.

On the way to Albertson's, I noticed three Speedway gas stations on Route 66 were selling gas for $2.209/gallon. That's ten cents cheaper than the Flying J (even with my Good Sam discount). I figured I'd fill up the gas tank on the way back.

After getting the bulbs, I was heading back down Route 66 and noticed that in the twenty or so minutes since I passed them earlier, a couple of the Speedway stations lowered their price a penny to $2.199. So I stopped at one and filled up. Not a bad way to start the way.

When I got home, I changed the bulb. I have to wait until tonight if that did the trick since the lamp i darkness-activated. I replaced the bulb with an indoor/outdoor LED bulb. I hope it does the trick since I am going to Martin Link's for our monthly dinner gathering in Gallup and I usually get home after dark and need to see where I'm walking.

No comments:

Search This Blog