"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 23, 2020

Jeep Hill Climbing

Above, the Iyanbito bridge and I-40 in the background from the pipeline road on Navajo land. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

To comply with the social distance policy of the government, I did some solo Jeep driving today (well, with the exception of a visit at Nandoh's).

One thing I did do today was try out some four-wheel-drive hill climbing. There's a hill just west of the shooting area and it is idea for a drive up. The previous owner of the Jeep, Victor, took me up that hill when he was demonstrating the Jeep to me before I bought it. As it did when Victor drove it up the hill, the Jeep worked just fine for me.

After that, I drove around the area a bit, including the Navajo area west of Six Mile Canyon Road. I drove in a couple of days ago, but I went in a little further. I was able so see the Iyanbito turn-off and bridge from a vantage point. I must have been about a mile from it.

It was a nice drive, even though it was windy out. If it weren't windy today, it would have been a warmer day. It is in the upper 50s now.

Before heading out for the drive, I brought along my Canon Rebel camera and took full advantage of it.

Now, I am taking a coffee break and uploading the pictures I took. It was a fun drive.

Here they are (at least some of them):

Above, approaching the hill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, looking back after the hill climb. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the road that I took up the hill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Jeep on the hilltop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a shot just before going back down. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a view of the road at the bottom of the hill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, on the pipeline road with the Iyanbito bridge in the distance looking east. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, looking west on the pipeline road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, on a rise on the pipeline road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, old barbed wire fence posts at the Cibola National Forest perimeter. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Cibola National Forest perimeter fence and road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog