"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Yesterday's Drive

Above, the view from the loop area of Birch Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The light dusting from an overnight snow shower yesterday was gone by noon and the temperatures reached into the low 50s and it was sunny with some clouds.

Above, the two horses across the road from Christmas. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I took the opportunity to do some Jeep driving around the community and the area near the gate to Six Mile Canyon. There were people target shooting at the shooting area, so I didn't go there.

Above, Christmas waiting for another carrot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Along with the drive, I brought some carrots to Christmas and the two horses across the road from her. Speaking of horses, I talked to Mike, my neighbor, and his gelding is being trained for two weeks. So when he gets back, maybe he'll be a fully-trained and rideable horse.

Above, the Jeep at the turnaround on the perimeter road along the border of Cibola National Forest. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did go into Gallup for sushi last night. Afterwards, I stopped at Safeway to pick up a couple of things. I noticed that their bathroom tissue aisle was empty, despite there being signs limiting purchases of bathroom tissue to two per household. That didn't seem to make any difference since the hoarders still cleaned the section out.

The road along the perimeter fence to Cibola National Forest ends at a turnaround above the wash (or arroyo) that flows down towards Interstate 40. The water from this is what washes out a section of Six Mile Canyon Road during the winter months. It was a bit muddy from the recent rains, but I made it across when I put the Jeep into four-wheel-drive.

Before the drive, I did fill up the Jeep's gas tank. It needed ten gallons, but with my Good Sam discount at the Flying J, I only paid $2.049/gallon. Not bad!

Below are pictures taken from the turnaround of the wash:




No comments:

Search This Blog