"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Three More Days!

Above, in three days, this gate to Six Mile Canyon will be open. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It's a good thing it got to 55 degrees today, I was getting a little "cabin fever" staying inside the house from a combination of the stay-at-home order and the chilly/windy days. The snowfall we had on the night before last is completely melted away and the ground has dried. It will be getting back up into the 60s during the coming week.

So, I took the opportunity to do some Jeep driving in the community, Mesa Ridge Ranch and the gate and perimeter road to Cibola National Forest.

Above, on the road next to Cibola National Forest perimeter fence. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Three days from today, Six Mile Canyon will be open for off-road vehicles. In some respects, the time seemed to have flown by since it was closed in December. My fingers are crossed that the forest service opens the gate in three days and use the coronavirus as an excuse to keep it shut and locked.

Following my drives, I went down to the Flying J to order dinner at Denny's. I got a new item on their menu: classic battered fish filets. Not bad! I was getting tired of salmon.

Above, a windshield view of the perimeter road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While having dinner, I watched U-571 (2000), a World War II submarine movie. I've had the movie for a while on DVD, but watched it once and I fell asleep and missed much of it. This time, I watched it all the way through. I enjoyed it, but Das Boot it's not.

Tonight would have been our monthly dinner at Martin Link's in Gallup, but due to you-know-what, it was cancelled.

No comments:

Search This Blog