"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Snow and The Jeep's Gas Tank

Above, the front yard minutes ago. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Right now, we are having snow showers in Jamestown, New Mexico.

It looks like we have about an inch of snow on the ground. It is just as well that it's snowing being that we can't go to the Flying J for our usual coffee gathering.

Above, the sun peeks out while it was still snowing. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Recently, I noticed that the Jeep has a leak from the gasoline tank. It appears to be coming from a seam on the tank. It is not a lot, but it needs repair. Things like this are to be expected with 68 year old vehicles (yes, it's older than I am). It looks like this had been an ongoing problem. A strip of what looks like silicone was hanging from the seam. I asked Victor, who sold the Jeep to me, if he knew about it and he said he didn't. We agreed that silicone would not be good for such a repair anyway.

Above, the metal  tank repair kit. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So I ordered a Quik Steel metal tank repair kit by Blue Magic through Grainger Industrial Supply a few days ago and it arrived yesterday. They also have a repair kit for plastic tanks.

I cleaned the outside of the tank (it is easy to get to as it is below the driver's seat outside) with Dawn dishwashing liquid yesterday. So it should be nice and dry to do the fix.

It is too cold outside for me to make the repairs. This is not because of the epoxy putty that's involved with the kit, I just don't want to freeze my fingers in the cold. I'll make the repairs once it warms up outside. The repair is supposed to last about seven years.

No comments:

Search This Blog