"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A Day Early...But I'm NOT Complaining!

Above, the gate to Six Mile Canyon was open today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Social distancing just got a little easier and a lot more fun as I found the gate to Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon open and unlocked today. According to the sign, it was to be closed through today, with the opening tomorrow. But I'm not complaining!

Thank you, National Forest Service!

Above, about a mile or so inside the canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was a good thing that I put gasoline into the Jeep this morning as I took the opportunity to drive into Six Mile Canyon. By the way, with my Good Sam Club discount, gasoline only cost me $1.849/gallon today at the Flying J!

Above, this sure beats staring at the same walls at home. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It looked like I was the only person in the national forest. Some roads had tracks on them and others didn't. I didn't see anyone else. I guess the word hasn't reached anyone yet.

Above, the windmill midway inside the canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I also didn't see any wildlife or cattle in the canyon during my drive.

In any case, I am happy that Six Mile Canyon is now open to vehicles. So now we won't have to quarantine ourselves at home. We can go off-roading instead.

Above, at the big valley meadow. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The canyon will be nicer when the wildflowers bloom and the grasses start getting green.

Above, the Jeep while I was walking around getting a good stretch of the legs. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am definitely planning on returning tomorrow. I may take Six Mile Canyon Road all the way to McGaffey.

Above, looking back at the road in the big valley meadow I just drove on. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog