"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Got The Jeep To Start

Above, the Jeep in the garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For the past week, the ol' Jeep wouldn't start.

It would crank but wouldn't start. I checked the fuel line to the carburetor and fuel was getting to it just fine. The fuel pump and fuel filters were a problem before.

The battery would drain from the attempts to start it, but even after fully charging it, the Jeep still wouldn't start. 

The earliest my mechanic could see it is on June 10. In the meantime, the Jeep sat in the front driveway.

Today, I decided to tinker with it some more. Again, I checked the fuel line and it was sending fuel to the carburetor just fine.

Then, I tightened the battery cables and jiggled the wires from the distributor to the spark plugs to make sure they had good contact.

Then, I turned the ignition key and the Jeep fired up right away without any laboring. I had a feeling that the problem was something simple. Turned out it was.

Well, it looks like I saved myself some money. This was quite an accomplishment, considering my limited mechanical abilities. 

Whew!

No comments:

Search This Blog