"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 14, 2021

Now It Is Just Buddy

Above, Christmas last month. This was the last photo I took of her. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Regular readers of this blog know that I usually give two horses in our community carrot treats. Their names are Buddy and Christmas.

This morning, I went over to Christmas's pen and she wasn't in it. I didn't see her in it the other day either. I was thinking that I didn't look good enough. Apparently, she has been sold.

Above, Buddy this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was made aware last year that she was up for sale. She's a sweet horse and very friendly. All she needed was to be rider-trained. She hadn't been rider trained. If I were 10-15 years younger, I would have bought her. I hope her new owners give her a good active life.

So, I went back and fed Buddy his carrots and some extra. 

UPDATE (5/15/21):

One of the residents of our community posted:

Seen Christmas being walked up Whispering Cedars Rd. mid week to [her] new home. Still in the community, just not sure where.

John (Christmas's owner) passed away recently. I saw several vehicles at his home today. They might be relatives cleaning out his belongings. I was sorry to hear of his passing. I last spoke to him in October and he told me then that Christmas was for sale.

It's good to hear that Christmas is still in the community, but I haven't found where she's at yet.

No comments:

Search This Blog