"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 14, 2021

Wonder Woman Star Gal Gadot Under Attack For Tweet

Above, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot has come under fire for Tweeting her support for Israel in the current fight with Hamas. Actually, she came out for peace between the two sides.

Hamas has been indiscriminately firing rockets into Israel over the past several days.

From the BBC:

Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot has received a backlash online over her tweet about the escalation of violence in Israel and Gaza.

The Israeli actress and former Miss Israel posted: "Israel deserves to live as a free and safe nation," adding: "Our neighbours deserve the same."

The comments attracted thousands of replies - now switched off - leading to her name trending on Twitter.

In her youth, Gadot completed two years of mandatory military service.

"My heart breaks," the 36-year-old posted online.

"My country is at war. I worry for my family, my friends. I worry for my people. This is a vicious cycle that has been going on for far too long.

"I pray for the victims and their families. I pray for this unimaginable hostility to end, I pray for our leaders to find the solution so we could live side by side in peace. I pray for better days."

While some high-profile people, including US politician Ted Cruz, praised Gadot for her remarks, many others reacted angrily.

She was criticised by supporters of the Palestinian cause, who pointed to her service in the Israeli military.

I, for one, am a supporter of Israel and a fan of Gal Gadot.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog