"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Serviced The Beast

Above, dropping off The Beast at the mechanic's. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

About 45 minutes ago, I returned home with The Beast after having it serviced in Gallup.

It was in for its regular service (oil change, trip check, wiper blade replacement, etc.) and getting a new chassis battery. The old one still worked, but it was six years old and starting to discharge acid at the terminals, a sure sign it is nearing the end of its useful life. Rather than get stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery, I got a new one, an Interstate heavy-duty battery.

After dropping it off at the mechanic's, Greg Lucier and I went for breakfast at Grandpa's Grill and then went to Ace Hardware.  When we left Ace Hardware, we were about to get on the freeway to head back to Jamestown when I got a phone call. It was the mechanic letting me know The Beast was done.

So, instead of getting on the freeway, Greg dropped me off to pick up the motorhome. 

Now it is safely back in the GOCO Beast Barn (until next week when I have to go to Albuquerque).

No comments:

Search This Blog