"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Gulf Oil Left Shiprock, New Mexico

Above, the Gulf station in Shiprock, New Mexico four years ago. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Four years ago, a friend and I were heading back to Jamestown, New Mexico after a camping vacation trip to Durango, Colorado and Mesa Verde National Park.

Along the way we drove through Shiprock, New Mexico and noticed a Gulf gasoline station. It had been decades since we've seen a Gulf station as they left the California (where I used to live) market. I took some pictures of it.

Yesterday, I took the same route while on my way home. I needed gasoline for the motorhome and I was thinking about going to the Gulf station in Shiprock. I didn't see it.

I stopped at a McDonalds in town for a snack and asked one of the workers which way was is the Gulf station. He said they are no longer there and the station has changed to a Shamrock gasoline station. 

As all gas stations in Shiprock were selling gas for around $3.359/gallon, I ended up getting gas at a Marathon gas station. 

Good thing I took some photos of the Gulf station four years ago since it is now history.

No comments:

Search This Blog