"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Today's Grit Series Marathon

Above, the marathon aid station I was assigned. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This year's Grit Series marathons are now in the history books.

I got up early this morning, thanks to my cat Sierra walking on me. But I had to get up anyway as volunteers are supposed to be at the marathon site by 7:00. When I got there, it was about 39° outside. That was cold enough. But once the sun rose over the mountains, it warmed up fast. 

Above, some of the 5K marathon runners. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For the most part, it was sunny and clear out with about 200 runners. But that changed around 12:30 when rain clouds clouded the area and dumped rain. This forced the marathon organizers to pack very fast. As I am writing this, it is still raining.

Above, some of the signs on the 5K route. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After leaving the marathon site, I headed into Ridgway and had dinner at the True Grit Cafe. I had a big bowl of chili along with a glass of wine. 

Above, inside the True Grit Cafe. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I didn't see Patrick Wayne at the marathon, he could have been there but I didn't see him. Ethan Wayne gave me a nicc pat on the shoulder. He looked busy getting things set up. 

At the marathon, I met the new owner of the ranch in which the locations were used in True Grit (1969). He seemed to be a nice fellow and is enthusiastic about the marathons. 

Above, yours truly trying to get warm at the marathon site. 

I may go to bed earlier as I have to drive to Monument Valley in Utah tomorrow. Hopefully, the weather there will be much warmer and dry.

No comments:

Search This Blog