"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 6, 2024

Winchester Model 12 Shotgun Worked Great

Above, cleaning the Winchester Model 12 shotgun. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I was able to fire several shot shells through the Winchester Model 12 shotgun I bought last year.

The shotgun is a take-down model made in 1919, making it over 105 years old. Since it is a take-down, it has to be put together and have its components in the correct configurations.

I couldn't fire it the last time I tried (back in April), so I took it to Loeffler's Guns, Etc. in Grants to see what was causing it. They showed me how to put it together and configure it. I videoed their instructions for future reference (glad I thought of doing so).

It operated just fine. I actually enjoyed shooting it along with the other shotgun I brought along yesterday, the Remington 870 Express. 

It is probably more appropriate for trap shooting than the Remington. I will give it a try the next time I go to Lake Havasu. 

I was very pleased at its performance. No wonder it is a popular shotgun.

No comments:

Search This Blog