"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 20, 2024

Colorado: A Bagless State

Above, plastic grocery bags get reused in my RV. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A few minutes ago, I got back from doing some food shopping at the KOA store.

I got everything I wanted and asked for a bag. I was told that Colorado is a bagless state. But, fortunately, the girl at the cash register had a paper bag that she gave me. 

According to Wikipedia:

There is no national plastic bag fee or ban currently in effect in the United States. However, the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii (de facto), Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington and the territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico have banned disposable bags. Over 200 counties and municipalities have enacted ordinances either imposing a fee on plastic bags or banning them outright, including all counties in Hawaii.

I haven't had to deal with this nonsense since I moved out of Commiefornia. Note that all of the states listed above are Blue States (i.e., run by Democrats). Talk about majoring in the minors!

Whenever I get plastic shopping bags, I reuse them for my trash when I camp, so it's not that they are being discarded without additional use(s). 

See what happens when liberals get elected and control states? They have a knack to make life miserable in anything they touch. 

No comments:

Search This Blog