"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 27, 2024

Rear-View Mirror Problem



Yesterday, I went into Gallup to meet with my banker and go for lunch at Jerry's Cafe.

Afterwards, I stopped at the Flying J to check my mailbox for any mail. When I got back into the car and went to back out of the parking space, I found that my rear-view mirror in the Mustang was not on the windshield, but sitting on the center console. The glue that held it onto the windshield glass wore out and it fell off.

After getting home, I went to try to re-stick it onto the windshield. With some acetone, I cleaned off the remnants of the glue off the windshield and mirror post. First, I tried some Gorilla Glue that I had. That didn't work. Then I tied some Gorilla Glue glue tape I also had. That didn't work either.

I then called my mechanic and he said that a special adhesive glue is needed for rear-view mirrors for mounting on glass and he recommended an auto glass shop in town. I called them and they said they could take care of it today.

So, it looks like I'll have to go back into Gallup today.

No comments:

Search This Blog