"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Shootin' Day

Above, Larry and Victor. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, Larry Lucier, Victor Gomez and I headed to the shooting area to do some target shooting. We were later joined by Roger Slape.

The day was very warm and cloudless. 

We did some plinking with rifles and pistols. I fired the Winchester Model 12 shotgun for the first time. This was after I went to Loeffler Firearms a few months ago to figure out how to operate it. It shot great. As it is a 105 year old gun, I limited the number of shells I fired to four. 

I then concentrated on my Winchester 94 and my Remington 870 Express shotgun. I used old campaign signs as shotgun targets. 

Naturally, pictures were taken and here are some of them.

Above, my target for the Winchester Model 12 shotgun. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Larry trying to get his brother's spotting scope to work. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, yours truly shooting the Winchester 94. Photo by Larry Lucier.

Above, targets Larry brought. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, yours truly with the Winchester 94. Photo by Larry Lucier.

After we were done shooting, some of us headed to Denny's at the Flying J to cool off over milk shakes. Those definitely hit the spot!

No comments:

Search This Blog