"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 20, 2024

Made It Into Colorado

 

Above, the fall colors are evident along Hwy. 550 outside of Silverton. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, I made it into Ouray, Colorado. I am at the Ouray KOA Holiday. It was a 250-mile drive.

The site I was given has to be the nicest one of the three times I've stayed there. It is a nice back-in site right next to a creek. It is relaxing hearing the gurgling water as it flows behind my motorhome. 

Above, the campsite at the Ouray KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I reached the KOA at about noon. 

I did stop in Silverton for some coffee and a blueberry muffin at the coffee shop of the Grand Imperial Hotel. It was a nice little pit stop.

Above, the creek behind my campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After that, I headed off for the 25 mile drive to Ouray. The John Wayne Cancer Foundation Grit Series marathon will be held tomorrow 11 miles west of Ridgway. Ridgway is nine miles from Ouray.

Above, the main drag of Silverton. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am just going to spend today just relaxing at camp. 

On the way, I saw the 9:00 Durango train north of Durango. It is on its way to Silverton.

Above, inside Silverton's Grand Imperial Hotel during my coffee stop. 

The fall colors are very evident in Colorado. Many people stopped in turnouts to take pictures of the trees. I took some as I was heading out of Silverton. 

Above, the 9:00 Silverton train along Hwy. 550. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following the marathon, I will be heading to Monument Valley Tribal Park in Utah. 

No comments:

Search This Blog