"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Made It To Monument Valley

Above, yours truly relaxing at the Monument Valley KOA.

This morning, I left Ouray, Colorado and headed to Monument Valley in Utah.

I took a route for the first time that took me west of Ridgway to the Utah border. From there, I headed south to the Monument Valley area.

It was a nice drive that took me along rivers and, when I got to Indian Country, past some touristy attractions at Bluff, Utah. They reminded me of Chief Yellowhorse's establishment at the Arizona-New Mexico border, but much newer and in much better shape.

I am staying at the Monument Valley KOA this time. It is a relatively new KOA Kampground and I wanted to give it a try. It is more wide open than Goulding's Lodge Campground and there are rock formations around the campground to see.

Tomorrow, I will be taking a 90-minute horseback ride. It has been 50 years since I last rode a horse (that was on Catalina Island). 

For dinner, I am barbecuing hot dogs. I am using the campsite's fire pit instead of my Weber barbecue.

Naturally, I took some photos of the campround and its surroundings. 

Above, the view from my campsite towards the office (left). Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, the campsite from the back. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a view from the campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, one of the buttes from the campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the campground playground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, another view from the campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, my row from the laundry room building. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, getting the charcoals ready in the firepit. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Beast. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, a view from Forest Gump Hill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.



No comments:

Search This Blog