A couple of days ago, I came up with the nickname, "Princess Running Chicken", for New Mexico gubernatorial candidate Deb Haaland. This was due to her refusal to debate her Republican opponent, former Rio Rancho Mayor Gregg Hull.
This is a pattern that started during the primary campaign. Either she is scared to debate (she's not the brightest bulb on the marquee and is inarticulate), feels entitled to the office or is taking part in a Democrat strategy of candidates refusing debates (New Mexico U.S. Senator Ben Ray Lujan is also refusing to debate his GOP opponent) or all combined.
Yesterday, for the fun of it, I Googled Princess Running Chicken and found that Google's A.I. Overview feature picked it up.
Here it is:
Others have come up with nicknames. One of them is "Ducking Deb".
It seems that her refusal to debate is backfiring on Haaland. People have posted that they have changed their vote to Hull due to her refusal, citing, "No debate, no vote!"
This campaign is getting more interesting by the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment