"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Continental Divide and Thoreau, New Mexico Drive

Above, Indian Market on Route 66 in Continental Divide, New Mexico. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since there was nothing going on, I decided to take a little "Sunday Drive" to the Indian Market eight miles east of Jamestown in Continental Divide.

After getting there, I did some browsing and picked up a couple of things. One of the clerks was asking me about my Mustang (asking its year) and she said she has a 1985 Mustang.

When we finished chatting, I decided to explore Route 66 to the east of Continental Divide. Route 66 goes all the way through to Thoreau, New Mexico, about 6-7 miles east. Although I've been in the town several times, I drove around and explored it.

Above, the Thoreau hamburger joint with a staring "John Malkovich" character. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I was heading to Interstate 40, I saw a humorous sign for a hamburger restaurant. I couldn't tell if the restaurant was open, but I decided to stop to take a photo of the business's sign. While doing so, a guy stepped out of the restaurant and stood at the door and stared at me. I just said I like the sign. He didn't say anything. He seemed creepy just standing and staring. He reminded me of the character John Malkovich played in the Clint Eastwood flick, In The Line of Fire (1993).

Above, BJ's Kountry Store in Thoreau. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Across the street from the hamburger joint, I saw a business with several cars coming and going with western painted decor. I couldn't tell if it was a bar or restaurant. I went over there and found it is a small market, BJ's Kountry Store. I went in and bought a few things I needed. It is nice to know that this store exists so that if I needed few odds and ends, I wouldn't have to go all the way into Gallup. It is about 14 miles from home.

It was a nice drive, except for the "John Malkovich" character.

No comments:

Search This Blog