"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Readying Up To Go To Idaho

Above, The Beast at the Flying J this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning has been spent getting read to head up to Buhl, Idaho.

Packing, doing laundry and gassing up The Beast (no, I'm not driving up, just spending the night in Albuquerque as I have an early morning flight) at the Flying J. We had more rain last night (three days straight) and I thought I should've gotten The Beast out of the GOCO Beast Barn yesterday in case of muddy conditions. Thanks to the gravel I had put there, there was no mud to contend with.

I'll be meeting up with Mitch Geriminsky at the Salt Lake City, Utah airport. We're both on the same connecting flight to Twin Falls, Idaho. We'll be renting a car and driving to Buhl. He's flying out of Phoenix. He was going to fly out of Las Vegas (a closer airport to Lake Havasu), but the airlines wanted around $800 for a round-trip ticket. The prices at Phoenix airport were about a third of that.

When we got our plane tickets, we were hoping to be able to see Bill one last time, but that was not to be. Now it has turned into a mission to be with his family in their grief.

While I am in Albuquerque, I have to go to a Hoover vacuum dealer to take care of a warranty repair to a new vacuum I just got.

Sierra and D.K. will be taken care of while I'm gone. 

No comments:

Search This Blog