"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, August 28, 2020

Wellington "Bill" Wilson, 1954 - 2020


Above, Mitch, Bill and I in Buhl, Idaho last summer.

What a year.

A friend whom I've known since junior high in Hawthorne, California has passed away at 66.

Last night, I posted the following on Facebook:
Some distressing news has arrived from Buhl, Idaho. I just got off the phone with Mitch and he just talked to Bill's (Wellington's) daughter and she said that Bill may not last the night. His blood disease had turned into full blown terminal leukemia and there's nothing the doctors can do for him now except to keep him comfortable. He has been unresponsive for several hours. Mitch and I will be heading up to Idaho this weekend. We got our tickets before this news. Your prayers for Bill's family are appreciated. This photo was taken last summer.
Above, Bill and I at Denny's at the Flying J in 2018. He was a long-haul
trucker and stopped for a visit during one of his rounds in April.

We last got together last summer when he couldn't attend the Wells Fun Run (the event where I had my heart attack in 2018), so we headed up to his place in Buhl. We had a great time.

Above, Bill and his wife Linda stopped for a visit at
 the Flying J in August 2018. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Sadly, I learned a few minutes ago that Bill passed somewhere around midnight. The outcome we hoped for, when his illness began last year, did not come to pass. At least now he is at peace and no longer suffering.

Bill fought a valiant fight.

Above, Mitch, Bill and I in Wells, Nevada the day before my heart attack in 2018,

1 comment:

J.D. Lees said...

Sincere condolences to you on the loss of your friend. It's tough to handle at any age, but 66 is far too young to go. I hope you find some comfort from the fact that your long term friendship and your get-togethers contributed to the happiness of Bill's life.

Search This Blog