"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 10, 2021

"Godzilla vs. Kong" Review



My viewing of Godzilla vs. Kong was definitely worth the wait.

Since New Mexico's governor shut down all of the state's theaters and I don't have satellite or cable, I had to go to an adjoining state, who still has open theaters, to see it. In this case, I went to Durango, Colorado, a three-hour drive. Besides, movies are meant to be seen on the big screen, especially ones with giant monsters.

There was plenty of action with the battles between Kong and Godzilla. Some criticized the movie's human part of the story, but it worked good enough and didn't get in the way. A couple of things I am puzzled about: Why have Kyle Chandler's character, Mark Russell, in it? He had so little screen time. I guess it was worth the paycheck to Chandler. Also, where was Alan Jonah [played by Charles Dance]? He was the main villain in Godzilla: King of the Monsters, but was nowhere to be found in Godzilla vs. Kong. One would think he would have been in it since the Ghidorah head he obtained played a big part in the story.

Kong came off as a very likable character. He was definitely an alpha male, but still quite likable. And, he knows sign language!

I enjoyed this movie more than Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

My grade: A.

Oh, by the way. I DON'T like Warner Bros. Pictures' new logo. Yoshimitsu Banno is credited as an executive producer of Godzilla vs. Kong, but he's been dead for nearly four years.

No comments:

Search This Blog