"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Now In Durango

Above, Alpen Rose RV Park in Durango, Colorado. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today I made it into Durango, Colorado at 11:00 this morning. It is a three-hour drive from home, but I stopped in Thoreau, New Mexico for some groceries and a snack in Farmington, so it took me four hours. After Farmington, it seemed like I made it across the Colorado stateline in no time.

Before heading to the campground, I stopped at the bank to deposit my state tax refund check. It is always to have a little extra on hand while traveling.

I also stopped at Honeyville to pick up some rum and a couple of jars of bumbleberry jam. I decided to taste their blueberry wine. I liked it and bought a bottle. They recommend serving it chilled.

After my stop at Honeyville, I headed over to the Alpen Rose RV Park. Check-in was easy as the worker only had to pull my reservation envelope from the check-in kiosk and lead me to my campsite.

This is a nice little RV park. It's not as big as Lightner Creek, but once the spring/summer foliage comes in, this campground will look beautiful. Right now, I'd say 1/4 of the sites are occupied.

Tomorrow's agenda is to just wander around the old town section of Durango and check out the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad's museum and roundhouse. No train rides for me on this trip.

So far, the sky is clear and the temperature is around 60°. Not bad. 

A few photos:

 

Above, the view looking towards the campground's entrance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, The Beast at the campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, driving to the campground from Honeyville. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, in old town Durango. The General Palmer Hotel is at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, Honeyville's hard liquor tasting bar. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, Honeyville. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, the San Juan Mountains from the ranch/farm area on the outskirts of Durango. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog