"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 9, 2021

Home Again


Above, the Tsaya Trading Post looks like it had been there a while. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This evening, I made it home to Jamestown, New Mexico.

It was a smooth ride until I reached Farmington, New Mexico. The traffic there was heavy. Plus, the lack of signage had me "mighty bewildered" (as Daniel Boone used to say) and I had to stop and use Google Maps to get me to the right road and out of town. I think I will avoid this route (Hwy. 550) in the future.

The day started in Durango after packing up everything when I went to the Lone Spur Cafe in town. As luck would have it (again), I finished breakfast just in time to see and video (below) the Durango train depart Durango Station.

After that, since I had a couple of hours to kill before the screening of Godzilla vs. Kong, I stopped at a gun store to see what they had. Unfortunately, they didn't have what I wanted (Winchester .30-.30 ammo).


But, that worked out good because before going to the theater, I filled The Beast's gas tank and went to a neighboring coin-operated car wash (that accepts credit cards) and gave The Beast a good, badly-needed wash.

Following that, I headed over to the theater to see the movie. The theater had stadium seating. Each seat reclined and had a swivel tray. The seat was too comfortable as I had to keep from dozing off.

Above, this had to be the fanciest theater seat I ever seen. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After the movie, I headed out of Durango for home. I made one stop. It was the Tsaya Trading Post that's a few miles north of Crownpoint, New Mexico. The route in New Mexico took me through the Navajo Nation. 

After unpacking, I watched a Blu-ray on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad I bought at the Durango Station gift shop.

All in all, it was a good trip and very enjoyable.

No comments:

Search This Blog