"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 5, 2021

Horsey Feedin' Day

Above, Christmas after galloping over to get her carrot treats. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was another warm day, but it was windy with occasional gusts.

I had to take care of some business in Gallup in the morning, but once I got back I got the Jeep out of the garage and did some driving around the community and going to the Flying J to get my mail.

Later, I headed out to feed horses Buddy and Christmas some carrot treats. 

Above, Buddy about to get his treats. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Buddy is getting braver and is coming closer. He takes the carrots from my hand. He won't let me pet him, but he still has come a long way from a year ago.

Christmas did something today that she hadn't done since I've been feeding her carrots. When I pulled the Jeep up next to her pen, she galloped over from another end of the pen. She usually just walks over to me. She was obviously happy and excited that I came with carrots. 

It's been an enjoyable day despite the wind.


No comments:

Search This Blog