"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

In Lake Havasu City

Above, (from left) yours truly, Dwight Kuntz and Mitch Geriminsky. Photo by Holly Geriminsky.

Following the Lost Dutchman Chapter's clampout in Quartzsite, Arizona, I headed north 73 miles to Lake Havasu City to visit Mitch Geriminsky and his wife Holly.

I got an early start and headed on the highway after filling The Beast's gas tank. The cheapest price for gasoline I saw in Arizona was $3.19/gallon.  

The route took me along the Colorado River once I hit Parker, Arizona. There's plenty of boat marinas, some with RV parks and campgrounds. It is a nice scenic drive. Along the way, I stopped at Walmart in Parker to pick up a few provisions.

Above, The Beast at Crazy Horse Campgrounds. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once I reached Lake Havasu City, I headed to my usual campground, Crazy Horse Campgrounds, that's on an island on Lake Havasu. To reach it, one has to drive across the London Bridge. 

After checking in and setting up camp, I took a much-needed shower. After I was done, Mitch came by and picked me up and we headed out for some breakfast.

Above, the Crazy Horse Campgrounds beach at Lake Havasu. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After breakfast, we went to his house and waiting there was an old junior high and high school friend, Dwight Kuntz, and his wife. I last saw Dwight in the 1980s at Dodger Stadium and prior to that, at the 10 year reunion of the Class of 1972 of Hawthorne High School. We had an enjoyable time visiting. Dwight also lives in Lake Havasu City.

Above, Mitch's Polaris Slingshot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Later, I had to get my medications at the campground and take care of other things and Mitch drove me in his Slingshot. A Slingshot® is a three-wheeled motorcycle by Polaris. On the way back, we drove by his new home that he just bought. He will be moving to there next month. It was a fun ride.

Above, a view from the Slingshot's passenger seat. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We returned to Mitch's house and had a very good dinner (taco salad). 

On Monday morning, I got up early and headed back home in Jamestown, New Mexico. It was about a 350-mile drive, but I made it home around 2:000.

No comments:

Search This Blog