"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 22, 2021

R.I.P. Jax

Above, Jax with Eric Jacobs a few years ago.

Followers of Nomadic Fanatic (Eric Jacobs) gave him a huge outpouring of condolences and support (4,500 comments and counting) over the passing of Eric's cat Jax. The video he posted yesterday on Jax's passing had to be the saddest video I've ever seen. It is on a blog post of October 19, but updated to include the video. It brought back memories of my cat Siren's passing six years ago. 

I have never met Eric or Jax in person. The closest was when they passed me on Interstate 40 near Iyanbito going in the opposite direction about a year ago.

Anyone who has followed the Nomadic Fanatic on YouTube over the years enjoyed the antics of Jax. I never knew a cat would play fetch like a dog until I saw a video of Jax years ago doing so. I've followed Eric's and Jax's RV travel adventures for about seven years.

Jax had to be euthanized as he was suffering from hyperthyroid, which is not unusual to older cats. Eric did the most humane thing he could. It was tough, but a necessary act of love. It was heartbreaking.

Jax was born in 2010. As he was about 11 years old, I thought that was a bit young. But I checked and indoor cats generally have a life expectancy (on average) of 10 to 15 years. Some live into their 20s.

The two cats I had before Sierra were indoor cats. Buttons lived to 16 years and Siren lived to 18 years. Sierra is now 6. 

Since I did some checking on hyperthyroid, I now know what it is and will make sure Sierra gets annual check-ups. 

Thankfully, we still have videos of Jax to enjoy. He will be missed. 

No comments:

Search This Blog