"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

RV Camping Possible Without Reservations?

Above, no reservations were made at Sleepy Bear RV Park in Swan Valley, Idaho in July 2019. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During the summer, if I know when and where I'm going, I'll make reservations for a campsite. Otherwise, during the off-season, I generally "wing it" and not bother with reservations. Thus far, I have had no problems in getting a campsite.

Much of this likely depends upon where I am at and where I'm going to. 

RV Life posted an article last year on "Can You Still Go RVing Without Camping Reservation?" Based upon my experience, I'd say yes. 

The article begins with:

COVID has made the nomadic lifestyle more popular than ever before. As a result, many long-time RVers believe that it’s now impossible to go RVing without camping reservations ahead of time.

But is it really? If you’re willing to think outside the box, I believe that you can still travel spontaneously around North America. 

The line between “peak season” and “off-season” no longer exists at RV parks and campgrounds thanks to the pandemic. With so many people working and roadschooling remotely, the endless summer vibe blurs into winter. Most RV parks still shut down in cold northern climates.

But when new full-time RVers chase warmer winter weather, expect crowds wherever you roam. You can still enjoy a spontaneous RVing lifestyle without camping reservations. Just follow some common sense travel tips.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog