"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Cleaning and Oiling Winchester 1894 Rifles

A couple of months ago, I found that cocking the lever of my Winchester 1894 .30-30 rifle wasn't pushing the trigger all the way back into firing position. I had to manually do so for it to fire.

Thinking that it was a worn out sear or some other internal problem, I brought it to a gunsmith in Thoreau, New Mexico to find out what the problem was.

It turned out that it only needed a "deep cleaning". After he did so, the trigger was pushed correctly into firing position with the lever. 

For my future reference (and for helping others) for cleaning the Winchester, I looked up videos on YouTube for correctly cleaning the 1894 and posted a couple of them below.

As the old saying goes, hope this helps!


No comments:

Search This Blog