"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, January 19, 2024

Nella Domenici Reaches Required Ballot Signatures, Etc.

Last evening, I received an email from the Nella Domenici for U.S. Senate campaign which reads in part:

Fellow American,


I am incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support I received from New Mexicans like you in the first 24 hours of our campaign to put our state back on track.

In just the first four hours after launching our Senate campaign, we hit the required number of nominating petition signatures to get us on the ballot!

The Messenger: GOP’s Senate Recruit in New Mexico Reaches Required Signatures for Primary Ballot Within Four Hours of Launching Campaign

The people of New Mexico are clearly ready for change, and we’re going to deliver for them.

Looks like Domenici's campaign is off to a good start.

ETC.

One thing about Nella Domenici, besides being the daughter of former New Mexico U.S. Senator Pete Domenici, her first name jogged a memory from 46 years ago. Even though they are spelled different.

Back then, I worked at a subscription "boiler room" or telephone bank in Redondo Beach for the Los Angeles Times. I was attending CSULB at the time. Next door was a camera and projector repair shop, Torbica's Camera Repair (I believe it was). The owners were immigrants from an Eastern European country. They had a daughter, Nela. She attended Marymount California University in Rancho Palos Verdes. I remember Nela was quite pretty as was her mother. They overhauled my Bell & Howell 8mm movie projector. It still works good to this day.

I did some digging in my photo albums and found this one in the one marked 1978-1979. It is of Nela and her brother on bikes in the parking lot at work. I hadn't heard from her since I started working in insurance claims in 1979. I did hear a rumor that her mother was killed in a car accident. But that was never verified. I don't remember who told me.


Interesting how names, places, music and other things will jog a memory.

No comments:

Search This Blog